Stay Tuned As We Update!
We hope you like our new website look.
It's a work in progress, so if you have questions or suggestions, please contact Library Director Don Parker at 733-9303.
Interested in a bi-weekly Chess Club during the summer?
Submit your name and phone number to the clerk by May 15.
You will be contacted with the schedule if enough interest is shown.
Join us for Story Hour fun!
Join Miss Arlene for stories, great fun and activities every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.! Story Hour is intended mainly for children aged 4-7, but all are welcome.
The theme for Story Hour on the 19th will be Earth Day. On the 26th of April, we'll celebrate Arbor Day and all children attending Story Hour will receive a free tree seedling to plant.
Lego Club for ages 9-12, 1st and 3rd Wednesdays at 3:30 p.m.!
Check the event calendar for the date of our next session and come by after school and join in the fun!
Help us celebrate Arbor Day and help the environment too! Patrons who stop in on April 29 will receive a free tree seedling to plant.
Summer Reading Program
This year's Summer Reading Program will be from June 13- July 23. More information will be available as the dates get closer.
We have the newest Oscar-winning movies including 'Room', 'Spotlight' and 'Creed'! Check out our movie selections today!
Free State Park Passes in 2016
In 2016, Hoosiers can get free access to state parks by checking out an entrance pass at their local public library. The passes will provide access to Indiana’s 32 state parks and also to Indiana’s state forest recreation areas where entrance fees are charged. They will be available for check-out from Jan. 1-Dec. 31.
For more information about this wonderful opportunity, ask a member of our staff.
"The Worst Class Trip Ever" by Dave Barry -- The renowned humor writer turns his talent once again to fiction especially for junior high and young adults. When Wyatt and his 8th-grade class go on the annual class trip to Washington, DC, they think they've stumbled upon terrorists planning an attack, but it's much more complicated -- and funny -- that that, and a lot of craziness happens before Wyatt and his friends save the President. Maybe they won't end up Grounded For Life after all! -- Don Parker
We Now Have ANCESTRY!
The Library version of this well-known genealogy program is installed on all of our public computers. Watch this space for upcoming orientations and tips classes. But you don't need to wait! Ancestry is easy to use! Start your journey through your family's history today.
You can now link to Overdrive, one of the nation's largest e-book providers. Click on the link and follow the instructions; find 'Wanatah Public Library' on the list, and when prompted, enter your library card number as a 5-digit number: for example, 0xxxx (don't include the 'P'). You can download books and audio files either to your desktop or your portable device.
We'll be happy to help you navigate the Overdrive system -- just give us a call or come in, and we'll work to make sure your e-book experience is a great one!
Thanks to Triple J-Mar Petroleum and the BP Fueling Communities program for the underwriting of our e-books program!
(These are just a few of our hundreds of new books!)
- Mr. Mercedes — Stephen King
- Goldfinch — Pulitzer Prize winner
- Top Secret Twenty-One — Janet Evanovich
- Invisible — James Patterson
- The Matchmaker — Elin Hildebrand
- The Closer — Mariano Rivera
- Gone Girl — Gillian Flynn
- The Fault in Our Stars — John Green
- Vampire Academy — Richelle Mead
- Life Inside the Bubble — Dan Bongino
- Gulp! by Mary Roach
- Back to Work — Bill Clinton
- Frugal Families by Jonni McCoy
- Sin In the Second City by Karen Abbott
- The Social Animal — David Brooks
- The Autobiography of Mark Twain, Vol. 1
Don Sez: “Do you get tired of squinting at books like I do?” Then come in and see our LARGE selection of large-print books, including Westerns and non-fiction.
- Tick Tock and Second Honeymoon by James Patterson
- Bones in Her Pocket (a ‘Bones’/Temperance Brennan novel) by Kathy Reichs
- Metro Girl by Janet Evanovich
- Walking the Bible by Bruce Feiler
- Don’t Know Much About the Civil War by Kenneth C. Davis
- The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawknis
- Killing Lincoln by Bill O’Reilly
- Yes Please by Amy Pohler
- Hope To Die by James Patterson
- The Escape by David Baldacci
- Gray Mountain by John Grisham
- Full Force and Effect (A Jack Ryan novel) by Mark Greaney
- 41 By George W. Bush
- Act of War by Brad Thor
- Blue Labyrinth by Preston and Child
- The Burning Room by Michael Connelly
- Revival by Stephen King
- Blood of Olympus (Heroes of Olympus #5) by Rick Riordan
- Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #9) by Jeff Kinney